Do you enjoy learning about how to guide teams to become the best possible? Do you have experience adapting agile or lean ideas to what a team needs at a specific moment in time? Is communication one of your strengths and you enjoy working in international projects? Do you like digging deep on issues the team might be facing regarding its delivery to find their root causes? Are you motivated and excited to work in a diverse and distributed team?
- Coordination of Engineering global initiatives and projects
- In collaboration with a program manager or senior project manager execute, follow up and communicate progress on global initiatives.
- Facilitate the coordination and management of complex projects that involves several product teams.
- Support team project managers
- in the execution of those activities that involve several product teams.
- Support program managers:
- Ensure that goals and a roadmap are defined and teams are committed to deliver value in a timely manner.
- Follow up the plan frequently, make sure right priorities are in place and make adjustments accordingly.
- Manage risks and dependencies with transparency and special focus on solving issues.
- Define, gather and analyze metrics to drive decision-making.
- Help to report progress to involved stakeholders, including, when necessary, to C-level executives.
- Contribute to team(s) communication using the tools available (email, announcements, forums, slack, JIRA, GitHub, wiki....) or introducing new tools. Ability to learn and master new tools fast to serve the needs of the development teams.
- Share knowledge and best practices with other project managers.
- +2 years of Project Manager experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology, including evaluation and configuration of project management and collaboration tools.:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Proactivity, joy for learning and facing new challenges.
- Experience applying agile and/or lean project management techniques in projects and distributed teams
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
- Passion about continuous improvement and problem-solving.
We will also value
- Knowledge of content management systems and other portal platforms.
- Knowledge of project management tools: JIRA, Basecamp…
- Communication skills, teamwork, dynamism, empathy, social commitment and sense of humor.
- Understanding of how Open Source projects work.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer me?
An opportunity to change the world :) Liferay, Inc. is a leading provider of enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products, servicing Fortune 500 companies worldwide, including Allianz, Barclay's, BASF, Cisco Systems, Lufthansa Flight Training, Société Générale, The French Ministry of Defense, and the United Nations.
Working at Liferay is an opportunity to participate in an ethical, motivating, challenging and constantly expanding project within an international environment that offers the possibility of developing a personal career according to your capabilities and preferences as part of the Liferay team.