FilledThis offer is not available anymore
If you're looking for a typical sales job, you're in the wrong place.
What we're looking for is a natural leader who believes that a steep personal journey is the best way to grow, and would like to prove themselves through scale. We're looking for someone who will start in one role, and use their account management skills to progress them into another role that might not even exist today.
This highly ambitious role is not for the faint-hearted. The personal - and company - growth curve you'll see is comparable to none. This is a role where autonomy is not only encouraged, but also required. And the most exciting part? You'll be a part of building the future of work.
What's the product?
We are Pleo - it's a part of who we are as a tech company. We help customers to delegate employee spending through a business spending platform. This ends out of pocket spending, encourages autonomy and trust in employees, and takes a huge burden off the finance team. You'll be selling the SaaS tool (expensing platform) that comes with physical pre-paid cards (so with a fintech twist) that are then distributed to all employees of the company. The best part is we're all users of Pleo ourselves - so it's a very applicable tool. It impacts anyone in a company who could spend money on behalf of their business - be it a coffee with clients or a Mac for a new hire.
What does it revolve around?
For us, the most important stakeholders are our users. We have a very special relationship with them - we even build most of our product features based on what they're looking for. We get so excited when our clients share their unboxing of their Pleo cards on LinkedIn, and see how dramatically Pleo can solve their pains. We as employees also share our own pains, and then we come together to try and solve them.
As an Account Manager your primary point of contact are the Pleo admins. These are the CFOs, CEOs, MDs, Operations Directors and everyone else who might be the decision maker in regards to the spending policy in a company. We ensure that our Pleo admins are knowledgeable about the product and equipped to roll out our product to all their employees. You should be able to and feel comfortable speaking to everyone - your touch points will range from Financial Assistants and interns to CFOs and MDs.
Who's the team?
On the sales side of things, we're a team that's a mix of business development representatives and account managers. The BDRs (as we like to call them) help AMs book meetings.
What's up to me?
Pretty simply - to bring the good news of Pleo to your country, and get them to use it. The nice thing is there's so much freedom here. If you're an expert outbounder - do that. If you're a genius with email outreach, go that way. You will have targets of new active users - but how you get them is up to you. You'll also be supported by marketing - who deliver warm leads straight into your pipe (at an above-industry-standard rate).
What markets are we in?
Great question! We currently service over 1000s of clients in Denmark, UK, and Sweden and Germany.. Saying that, Pleo users can (and have) used their cards all over the world - from Québec to Cape Town!
Spain, you say? 🇪🇸
We've grown out of our home market in Denmark, and have seen success in the UK, Sweden, and Germany too. So because of that, our sights our set to two new markets: and Spain is top of the list! But in order to get this up and running - we need great Spaniards like you.
The skills you need to master this role
- Native-level fluency in Spanish
- Ambition - lots of it
- Optimistic leadership - the ability to trust in the rest of the team and bring out the best in them
- Winning attitude - knowing that there are easy days and hard days and the ability to get through them both
- Pipeline management - Our sales process is dynamic and fast. You are geared to close sales every day!
- A background in sales - experience in managing a sales team a plus!
- An entrepreneurial mindset - we need you to build our Spanish presence (and team!)
- Exceptional people skills: strong listening abilities, empathy, and genuine and flowing curiosity to learn more about the people you are interacting with
- Strong inner motivation paired with a positive mindset (it's the key to hitting targets 🎯).
- Time management
- Humility. You ask "How can I create and build more value here?" rather than "What's in it for me?"
- Ability to work in a high energy sales environment 🔥
Your colleagues say you
- Work in English with ease (it's our company language)
- Are easy to work with
- Leave no lead unturned
- Are a team player - we have no room for sharp elbows or politics in our sales teams
- Share knowledge
- Ask for feedback all the time
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Your mom says that you
- Don't need to be told twice to get things done
- Always ready to take on challenges
- Are positive - the glass is half-full
- Were always going to make her proud (moms)
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Quarterly trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones). The last one was Berlin in June this year, including a drag queen show (we went authentic-Berlin), here's a sneak peak to give you an idea https://youtu.be/Ooy0JCJzNzc
- Investment in learning & developing (just check with your team for what's reasonable, we don't have set budgets)
- Catered lunch in the office
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending.
Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance, whether our office is in Copenhagen or not.
Sometimes, people write nice things about us
No one says it quite like our customers. Hear what they have to say this week on Trustpilot here: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/pleo.io
Or check out TechCrunch's latest article on Pleo here:
What am I in for?
We're pretty transparent about how we hire, you can read all about it here:
Also, always check out Glassdoor if you'd like to hear it from other people: https://glassdoor.com/Reviews/Pleo-Reviews-E1518165.htm
Pleo company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.