As an Account Executive your main task will be to provide support to new and existing chain accommodation partners and headquarters, contacting, informing and advising them about how to meet the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website. You will also train the new accommodations on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and how to use the systems that can improve their availability and supply. Furthermore you will offer support to the Chain Key Account Managers with various tasks at the office.
This role is located in our lovely Barcelona office. We are offering a maternity leave cover contract.
- Day-to-day pro-active communication with partners and local offices in your region by telephone, by internal messaging and occasionally in person to assist with the development of the business;
- Building productive relationships with partners and local offices to ensure that they offer the best availability and rate structure;
- Discuss opportunities with partners and local offices that will help improve business by using Booking.com BV’s internal tool of priority setting;
- First point of contact for key local chain accommodation partners, answering questions and queries, taking action as needed;
- Participation in team meetings in your office;
- Advise chain accommodation partners regarding their (potential) webpages on the Booking.com website and how they can amend data with respect to supply, availability, specials, promotions;
- Liaison person for properties to contact when they have questions by phone and the Chain Key Account Managers are unavailable;
- Providing support to properties or Booking.com BV in building the webpage for accommodations and/or maintaining property information on the Booking.com website;
- Verify that the website has accurate information on properties and pictures of newly registered accommodations;
- Delivering training by phone to new and or existing properties on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and rates & availability system;
- Providing properties with information and advice mainly by phone, including follow-ups;
- Looking after IT/administrative related tasks;
- In consultation with the Chain Key Account Managers, provide information support to Booking.com BV for new and existing accommodations;
- Conduct daily/weekly rate and availability checks on various platforms;
- Assist in the preparation of market visits, operational planning and projects;
- Assisting in additional tasks and projects when needed
- You will also need to be versatile, flexible and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines/changes from Booking.com BV.
- Liaise with XML team and operations for chain hotels
- Assist in finding solutions for escalated issues
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Fluent English and Spanish speaker and writer;
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and can work independently;
- Ability to convince partners on the phone to implement suggestions;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical and an eye for detail;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Hotel School or University background preferred
- A driving license would be a great asset.