Klaus is a feature length animated film from The SPA Studios.
The SPA Studios are using digital tools to reimagine the charm of classical 2d animation blended, with unique cutting edge digital techniques that adds a fresh volumetric look, lighting and texturing that people have come to expect in family movies.
The SPA Studios is currently looking for a 3D Surface Artist. This role involves painting textures for the 3D objects and environments, in UV space and Projection space, to integrate these elements within the 2D graphic style of the project. The role is available immediately will be based in our studios in Madrid, Spain.
* Paint textures that seamlessly integrate with the 2D props and environments
* Project environment paintings over geometry and fill in gaps and hidden areas maintaining the style
* Communicate and collaborate with the CG Supervisor, and Modeling and Art teams, to execute the required look
* Work closely with the modelling team to ensure UVs are positioned efficiently
* 2D Painting excellent skills
* 2 years experience with Photoshop and/or The Foundry's Mari in Film projects
* Previous experience painting textures for film or games and a thorough understanding of the techniques required
* Understanding of 3D projection and experience using Maya
* Understanding of image color space relating to texture painting
* Ability to apply and manage UV’s in Maya
* Have good team-working skills
* Be able to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure
* Be able to take direction and be willing to address constructive feedback
* Show respect for the procedures and requirements of the studio production and pipeline
About The SPA Studios