Technical Product Owner (Engineering Data Team) en Barcelona
Descripción de la oferta
What you will do
- Partner with the Product Lead and the Product Office to align the product vision and roadmap and shape the team's product strategy.
- Partner with the Technical Lead to prioritise bandwidth available for product development vs technical backlog.
- Partner with UX to understand users/customers’ needs and how they use the product(s).
- Define the team's success metrics and OKRs in collaboration with the Product Lead, Engineering Manager and Technical Leader.
- Keep product development aligned with OKRs.
- Own the team’s product backlog and be responsible for maintaining and prioritising it using a data-based approach.
- Define the products, prototypes and features to be implemented.
- Build or guide the building of product/feature prototypes.
- Stay up to date on competitors and benchmark our solutions.
- Stay up to date in the product domain.
- Develop and communicate product vision.
- Plan and follow up on feature/product launches.
- Empower team members by encouraging them to share in these responsibilities and to participate in the decision-making process.
Who you are
- Proven experience with Product Development, Scrum/Agile methodologies and Lean.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once.
- Proactive and can demonstrate relational intelligence.
- Strong technical understanding or technical background: you have a solid understanding of how software is made and how it works.
- Strategic Approach and the ability to define team strategy based on long-term company goals: you are able to set the team's goals and the success metrics.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills. English is a must.
- Ability to inspire and guide teams without directly managing people and providing leadership.
- Understand and be able to communicate with all types of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent team player who is able to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams.
- You are a leader of change and you don’t hesitate to challenge the processes and working methods. You are passionate and result oriented.
- You are a data-informed decision-maker of product strategy and feature prioritization.
- You understand the user-first approach: "User experience" is not an empty word for you
Desired SkillsWe are building Adevinta's Internal Common Platform (think of a Heroku) as a product to boost developers' productivity. So a good knowledge of the software build and release process in a Kubernetes-like environment would be desired.
What you'll get from us
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy: work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, including from another country, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including individual training budget and language classes
- Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- Free daily breakfast
- 26 days of holiday
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Covid-19: We’re reviewing the situation on a regular basis to ensure that we follow all local government guidelines and put the health of our people first. All interviews are currently taking place virtually.
If anything you’ve read above ticks your boxes, then why not apply now to find out more?
We’re Adevinta, a global leader in digital marketplaces. Our household name brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and Leboncoin in France, reach hundreds of millions of people every month.
We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a car, an apartment, a sofa or a new job. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Our brands are supported by global Tech Hubs in Barcelona, Amsterdam, Paris and Berlin. Their goal is to develop common global products and innovation platforms that all of our brands can use. This means using cutting-edge technology to create highly scalable, customisable and secure products and components that free up development time and leverage our access to global data.
We are currently looking for an experienced Technical Product Owner to join our Engineering Productivity team in Barcelona. The Engineering Productivity team is one of the teams building the Common Platform, a managed PaaS providing a cohesive ecosystem that accelerates Adevinta's product development by enabling engineers to effectively deliver secure, reliable and efficient software.
The team's mission is to provide tools and services that increase the quality and throughput of software systems related to Adevinta's core business.
The team provides automation of all the steps from code to production, as well as providing insight metrics on the team's development flows.
If you’d like to be part of a product-oriented team focused on making complex things easy for our users so that they can focus on delivering great features in our marketplaces, this could be the perfect match for you.
Acerca de Adevinta
What we do
We serve people where they live, acknowledging what’s special about every culture and every place. That’s why we develop leading local brands which form an integral part of life for our users, with an average of 1.5 billion visits to our sites every month.
We want to make a positive change in the world by helping everyone and everything find a new purpose. We believe every house can be a home, every person has a role to play, and every object can live a second life – they only have to find their matching need. Our marketplaces create these matches, supporting local communities and building a sustainable future.