Descripción de la oferta
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. In addition to being recognised for our ‘people-based marketing’, we are proud of our growing and dedicated teams of software engineers working on dynamic projects and delivering quality work to our clients.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering. One such offering includes a rapidly expanding department dedicated to software development, Agile practices and engineering innovations, ensuring that Merkle provides its clients with a variety of services.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Are you looking to develop your Software Quality Assurance (SQA) skills in an Agile environment? Would you like to be part of a multicultural team and company? Do you think outside the box?
Come and join our team!
We're located in sunny Barcelona, just a short walk away from the beach, and we're looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and creative SQA Engineer to integrate into our growing agile teams working for one of Europe's leading telecommunications and media companies.
As part of your daily work you will:
- Participate in translating High Level requirements into comprehensive behavioural scenarios based on Gherkin.
- Implement and maintain the proposed scenarios coverage with Cucumber-JVM.
- Be involved in all phases of the development cycle (from Analysis to Delivery).
- Be accountable for delivering a valuable increment to the business in every sprint.
- Contribute to continuously improving your team’s way of working.
- Provide component support to client needs.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding international technology consultancy, where you will gain an excellent understanding of the software development cycle using Agile methodologies, and will be exposed to the newest development technologies. Be part of our professional, collaborative, fun and friendly work environment, where everyone can make a difference.
At a minimum, you have…
- Technical background (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software design, engineering computer science, engineering telecommunications)
- 2+ years’ experience in the Quality Assurance or Quality Engineering domain at a software driven company
- 2+ years’ experience understanding of QA methodologies and role of QA in software development lifecycle
- 2+ years’ experience in creating a test plan and detailed test cases to achieve an efficient test coverage of the feature
- Understanding the basic concepts of object-oriented programming
- SQL basic knowledge
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team development skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures; must be able to read and write effectively in English at a business-professional level
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic working environment, learn quickly and solve problems
- Ability to interpret technical and business objectives and needs
- Good attention to detail
- Valid EU working permit
It will be a plus, if you have…
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum methodology is a plus)
- Experience with test automation
- Experience working with Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- You have worked with Bugs and Task management systems (e.g. JIRA)
- GitHub basic knowledge
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Spanish/English in house lessons
- Career development though Merkle University, Lynda and Skillsoft
- Free life insurance
- Free health insurance
- Salary exchange scheme (restaurants, public transport and child daycare center)
- Young, creative, and dynamic teams
- Opportunity for personal growth and professional training development
- Great friendly and international environment
- A company in constant evolution and with growth plans
- A strong after-work culture
- Free tea, coffee, fruit, cookies