Descripción de la oferta
We want the best talent @ stayforlong, and we want you to help us to grow as a team and as a company.
We are Stayforlong, the first hotel marketplace specialized in long stays. We reward people with amazing discounts the more nights they stay in a hotel! Because we consider that it is unfair to pay the same if you are going to spend more time :)
We have a wide range of hotels and we collaborate with companies such as Trivago, Tripadvisor, Google Hotel Ads, and Kayak.
We have digital DNA. We love challenges, moving fast, thinking out of the box, and inspiring people who want to take the company to the next level. Besides, we stand out for our multiculturalism, be flexible, and work in an agile environment.
Would you like to take part in our #teamforlong? Pay attention to this opportunity!
Lead a software engineering team in delivering new iterations of our e-commerce website.
Main job responsibilities are:
- This position will drive the delivery, manage the team, and participate in the technical decisions.
- Be responsible for the sustainable delivery of your team through the planning and execution phases with a focus on reliable and maintainable software.
- Partner closely with your Product Management peers to drive roadmap creation and execution.
- Hire, empower, develop, and delegate to geographically distributed engineers with different skill sets from your own.
- Participate in technical design and foster software engineering best practices.
- Manage your product’s technical needs, working with engineers to identify engineering investments and prioritising them in the backlog.
What you will bring:
- Passion to resolve problems, manage risk, lead change, and facilitate collaborative decision-making.
- You have 2+ years of experience directly managing successful software engineering teams as an Engineering Manager.
- Software engineering background that enables you to drive technical decisions within the team and engage with engineers at all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management.
Nice to haves:
- Experience leading multiple teams.
- Experience managing highly complex projects with cross-team dependencies.
Our engineering practices:
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Code Reviews.
- Technical design using RFC proposals.
- Scrum or Kanban depending on the team needs.
Our tech stack:
- Backend services are written with Golang, PHP8, and Python.
- They leverage Redis, Elasticsearch, and MySQL.
- Communication flows through JSON APIs, gRPC, Protobuf, and Kafka.
- We monitor our systems with Datadog, Graylog, and Sentry.
- Operations are performed on top of Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Slack, and GitHub.
- Everything runs on AWS.
What we offer:
- Permanent contract.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Full-time. Flexible schedule.
- Possibility to work from home.
- Office located in the center of the city (Barcelona).
- Flexible remuneration: You will be able to include a restaurant card, transport card, kindergarten check, health insurance, and training.
- Taking part in a multicultural company.
- Excellent work environment.
Have you become curious? Apply to our job offer and attach your resume. We want to meet you!