Descripción de la oferta
The Engineering team at Brainly is working on some of the most complex challenges in the ed-tech space: creating communities for students around the world. We focus on building the infrastructure that enables Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day. The systems we build are used across all of Brainly, making us one of the most cross-functional teams at the company.
We are taking over the world, and to do so we are looking for strong engineers that are ready to push boundaries and help us solve large-scale problems with solutions that translate into lasting impact.
We are currently looking for a skilled Software Engineer to build our team working closely with the SEO Product Owner in researching and prototyping new features that improve the overall user experience of our domains.
Software Engineers at Brainly:
- Build features for a product that influences the lives of 150 million students worldwide
- Have a real influence on exactly what we build and how we build it
- Push new features multiple times a day using a continuous delivery pipeline
- Contribute to the development of microservice architecture
- Strive to write clean and high-quality code that makes them proud of what they do
- Share their knowledge with and learn from the team
How will you fit in?
- You have experience with micro-service based architecture
- You feel ownership of the code that you have produced
- Being a software engineer means to you that you do what is needed to deliver value, and you don’t lock yourself into roles, frameworks or languages
- You have a constant desire to learn new things
- You are a team player with a high level of initiative and a proactive approach to work
- You have an understanding of the fundamentals of how Search Engines work (or willingness to understand)
- Optimization is your second name :)
Our stack, that you’ll be working with:
- RabbitMQ, GraphQL, Webpack, Babel, Node.js
- Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, InfluxDB
- … and many others
- location: Barcelona, Spain
- some of our benefits: absolutely no dress code, flexible working hours, opportunity to work remotely from time to time, company lunches on Thursdays, private medical healthcare for you and your family, company events, and more
- we happily support your participation in conferences, trainings, courses - you get 800$ per year to spend and time off when you need
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 150 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $68.5M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
Acerca de Brainly