Descripción de la oferta
To contribute to the development, maintenance and evolution of Travelport point of sale solutions portfolio (Smartpoint). Leads the delivery and engineering practices on a complex and changing business with an organization of 2-4 teams.
The ideal candidate is a star in Engineering Leadership ranks and is someone that will challenge the status quo, bring new ideas to how we manage people, process and technology and is looking to expand their scope of responsibilities and to take on a diverse set of leadership challenges to grow their career. As a highly skilled and passionate leader, technical acumen and a solid background in software development is a must - so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the autonomy to influence culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on strategy and execution. Further, you will be responsible for establishing a collaborative work environment that fosters a high degree of craftsmanship and personal growth. You should be able to design, communicate, and implement reliable, scalable, and extensible web software applications. An organized data-driven approach, willingness to constantly experiment, and the desire to be involved in product decisions are a must.
• Working cross-functionally throughout the organization (product, support, commercial, etc.) to deliver a best-in-class point of sale for Travel agencies around the world.
• Work with peers to build integrations across products and foster knowledge sharing.
• Liaise with other Software Development Managers, Principal Developers and Solutions Architects on a daily basis to ensure commonality of approach and optimisation and re-use of technologies across Travelport.
• Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values.
• Build and sustain a solid DevOps culture in the teams • Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
• Sense of urgency and can-do attitude in the teams.
• Actively support Travelport’s goals and Point of Sale delivery teams.
• Establish clear goals, KPIs and performance objectives, set and manage expectations with the team, and communicate and execute those goals within timelines.
• Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution and support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
• Be hands-on and lead by example
• Provide technical mentorship and coaching to the delivery teams as well as building and communicating the different career paths with our Human Resources leads.
Drive Technical Direction and Engineering excellence
• Ensure teams follow the technical revision process as well as the process stablished in the organization to ensure consistency and quality.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Development standards, development methodologies, technical trends and innovations in the industry.
• Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching high quality products and features.
• Anticipate and proactively address architectural technical risks before they become project issues.
• Actively contributes lean agile thought leadership and demonstrates significant stakeholder influence with business leadership teams and customers on strategic direction for domain
• Support the delivery teams on high complex activities that require close joint efforts to identify gaps, dependencies and any other technical activities that might be necessary.
• Listen to the delivery teams about any recommendation or suggestion on this matter to ensure designs are scalable, future proofed and consider any risks and opportunities
• This position is required to work within a complex and continuously changing environment with multiple priorities.
• Liaison is required with many areas of the company, particularly Sales, Product Management and Enterprise Architecture.
• The incumbent must have a deep understanding of the current technology trends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Proven experience in software engineering management with a proven track record of leading software engineering teams (30+ people) in a global matrixed business environment, building succession planning / talent management / building capability for current and future knowledge and skills.
• Proven track record delivering large scale web applications to market.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT or Mathematics.
• Proven experience on projects based on latest technical stack such as ReactJS, EcmaScript 2017+, NodeJS and Cloud (AWS or Azure), .NET Core a plus.
• The incumbent will be on a managerial role but should have previous hands-on experience on these technologies in order to understand, support and coach the team as appropriate.
• Proven experience on implementing DevOps practices in teams.
• Proven experience on implementing TDD.
• Experience with BDD is a plus.
• Proven track record of hiring and recruiting tech talent locally and globally.
• Strong knowledge of design patterns and general OOP/functional principles.
• Solid grasp of Scrum and SAFe© experience is desirable.
• Proactive ‘can do’ attitude and Sense of urgency.
• Able to think strategically and challenge current technical thinking.
• Excellent command of verbal and written English and excellent technical presentation skills.
• Good planning and time management skills: Ability to multitask and prioritise within a continuously changing environment.
• Able to build and maintain rapport with all levels of the organisation and, where appropriate, manage stakeholders across different cultures.
• Dynamic and self-motivated with high level of energy and enthusiasm.
• Quality of solutions delivered according to plan and budget. • Internal feedback.
• Time to Market.
• Ease of solution maintenance.
• Customer satisfaction • Market retention and/or new business.
• Delivery team’s satisfaction and tangible improvements.