Descripción de la oferta
Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our long-term client partners and our own products. Founded in 2013, we partner with both large established companies and high-growth start-ups in the US and Europe. We're a close-knit team of 70 smart and diverse people, working together remotely and meeting in person in Barcelona!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join one of our delivery teams on a full-time, long-term basis. In this role, you’ll work closely with the client within a fast-moving cross-functional squad of backend and front-end engineers, product, & UI/UX designers. The team will be solving interesting technical challenges and iterating fast to create products that drive real business growth.
As a senior member of the team, you'll help to drive architecture and implementation decisions, help product make smart decisions to deliver a great user experience in a scalable way, and mentor other engineers.
What will you do?
- Working with business stakeholders and Product Managers to figure out how to deliver results as efficiently as possible.
- Solving interesting business challenges with elegant software design to make code modular and maintainable for the future.
- Designing new architectures and justifying your design decisions to other team members.
- Understanding how code translates to DB queries and know how to optimize
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested (rspec), defect-free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
Our company toolset includes ReactJS, Typescript, Webpack, REST/GraphQL, CI/CD with Docker, Heroku/AWS, Rails6, Postgres, Elastic, etc. Working smartly is important to us; automation, dynamic environments spin up with new feature branches and slack bot integrations control our production releases.
You should have...
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Have worked in teams where you contributed towards technical decision making
- Proven experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, with significant crossover with the core hours 11am - 6pm Central European Time
- Interesting challenges: We’ve done everything from scaling high-performance backends, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to apps with low-level bluetooth communication with hardware devices.
- Competitive rates: This is a contract position with a long-term outlook.
- 100% Remote: We've been proudly and successfully remote-first for 7+ years
- Impact: Our delivery teams are fast-moving, highly collaborative, and own products end to end - your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing and mentorship to do that.
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
You must live outside of the US. Please no recruitment agencies.
Why is it good to work with us?
Because we work on great products. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. Everyone does that right? What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems, and helping businesses to grow.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out whitespectre.com and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor