Descripción de la oferta
What we Believe
We believe that the advances in robotics and machine learning will transform the food industry, just as they are changing many industries now. In the not-too-distant future, the meals we eat will be prepared - chopped, cooked, and served - with the help of robots. This will save people - and businesses - time, lower costs, improve and standardise quality, and reduce food waste.
Who we Are
REMY Robotics is the latest project from Kinetik, a technology investment group with companies at the cutting edge of Electric Vehicles (ARRIVAL), Robofacturing (TRA Robotics) and Autonomous Vehicles (Roborace). Kinetik has offices in London, Los Angeles, and Moscow, while REMY Robotics is located in Barcelona with some engineering functions in Moscow. For REMY Robotics, we have brought together talented specialists in the fields of robotics and machine learning from all over the world.
What we're Building
We are using robotic technology to take the routine and inefficiency out of cooking, creating a ‘robot chef’ that can help in cook any cuisine or any dish in the world. This could be used for businesses (factories, restaurants, delivery-only), or at home, where people will be able to eat restaurant quality meals at a fraction of the cost.
The core technologies that will allow us to do this are:
● Robotic Perception - we can achieve a new level of understanding of the environment through advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques.
● Robotic Intelligence - Our algorithms can control to a precise level, creating an intelligent robot that can perform and adapt in every environment.
● Robotic Platform - From driver level to high level control, our software is being optimised to meet the high performance and reliability standards of required tasks.
REMY Robotics is seeking a Senior Robotics Control Engineer to join our team and develop our robot control system. The ideal candidate enjoys building beautiful and well-behaved robots and loves being in high-energy teams. He or she is a motion planning expert and will build versatility and elegance into our hardware. We're going fully autonomous so you'll be working closely together with our Cumputer Vision and ROS Software engineers.
What will make you a great candidate
- Proficiency in the design, coding, and application of motion control systems, HMI, and AC servos for automation and robotic systems
- Working knowledge of C/C++ and IEC 6-1131/3 programming languages
- Working knowledge of kinematics and dynamic system analysis, using MATLAB/Simulink is a plus
- Hands-on experience in implementation and system commissioning
- Experience with libraries of numerical analysis
- Knowledge of linear algebra
- Knowledge of Python, C ++
- Knowledge of ROS is desirable
What success means in this role
- Our mathematical models are spot on given the kinematic and dynamic characteristics of our robots
- The control algorithms for robot manipulators are beautifully designed and highly accurate
- Action sequences flow naturally and within well set parameters. Our robot is a highly effective and efficent chef
Why join REMY*
- The beaches, food, vibes, mountains and architecture of Barcelona
- The chance to work on the next big thing in Foodtech
- Amazing colleagues and a great culture
- You get to pick your own workstation & tools
- Personal growth, innovation and learning every day
- A brand new phone
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Co-ownership of the company
- 23-25 paid vacation days
- Return flights home
- Gym subscription
- Spa & massage days
- Relocation assistance
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: Barcelona
Time Type: Regular Full Time
Organization: REMY Robotics
Education Required: Master's Degree or equivalent
*you get to choose your own perks! These are some of our options.
Acerca de REMY Robotics