Descripción de la oferta
At Preply our goal is to improve the life of our students and our tutors, drive a genuine learning outcome for our learners and enable our tutors to earn a living through the platform.
And we want to do this all while generating business value for Preply, so we can help even more people! We strongly believe that we can't achieve business success without our students' and tutors' success.
As a member of the app team, you’ll be joining one of the fastest-growing areas of the business, with a chance to make a real impact on our learners and tutors. The app team’s mission is to attract new learners from all over the world to Preply, and help them to keep learning over time by making it easy to connect with their tutor and manage their learning path.
Our team is extremely data driven, we run hundreds of AB tests and analyze user behavior, so we can prove or disprove our hypothesis, constantly challenging the status quo.
On top of that? You’ll get to join a group of amazingly friendly people that love to work together, share ideas and respectfully challenge each other. Our teams consist of multi disciplinary professionals and include chapters such as Product and Design, Engineering, UX Research, Data and Analytics and Engineering.
Visit our Tech Radar to learn more about the technologies we use at Preply.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop high-quality, scalable, and reliable features for Preply mobile applications using React Native and launched in our A/B experimentation framework.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including UX designers, product managers, and other engineers, to deliver innovative solutions that empower our learners and educators.
- Share your knowledge and expertise with the team and continuously learn from others to foster a culture of continuous learning and growth.
- Embrace a culture of transparency and open communication to build trust and ensure everyone is aligned on goals and objectives.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code that sets the standard for excellence.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure code quality to maintain our high standards.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices and methodologies to stay ahead of the curve and deliver value to our users.
- Proactively contribute to overall architecture, performance and code quality.
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of experience in mobile application development with at least 2 years of experience in React Native development.
- A commitment to excellence and a desire to deliver innovative solutions that empower our learners and educators.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to debug complex issues.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver results.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies to help us move fast and deliver value.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work on time.
- Experience writing unit and e2e tests
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- A flexible set-up with the option of paid relocation to Barcelona or working remotely within a close time-zone;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
At Preply, we focus on doing better every day – pushing the limits of what we know is possible. And we know our purpose is strong. We’re re-engineering education, providing outstanding experiences for our global community of language learners and building authentic connections across the world.
Propelled by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, thanks to our best-in-class consumer and b2b products, Preply is now leading the online language tutoring segment globally and has 400+ employees of over 50 nationalities based across Barcelona, Kyiv and the US. We do extraordinary things at Preply – and we want you to join us. If you’re committed to curiosity, love experimentation and relish the challenge of exploring new ideas, then it’s time we said:
Welcome to The World Class.
- Human: We embrace diversity by fostering inclusive environments where people feel respected and safe to express their opinions.
- Hungry: We make bold, data-informed decisions to deliver high-impact solutions for our customers.
- Humble: We experiment continuously by staying open to being challenged, learning from failures and making data-informed decisions.
- Hackers: We learn by doing, focus on things that matter and move with incredible speed to create simple, creative, and scalable solutions;
- Curious: We thrive on facing challenges, diving deep to identify root causes and uncovering insights to continuously improve.
- Learners Obsessed: We put our learners at the core of everything we do to improve the effectiveness of their language learning with us.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
That means that Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.