Descripción de la oferta
YouGov is an international market research and data analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We respect and trust each other, and bring these values into everything that we do.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 15 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviours. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East, India and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to YouGov. We are committed to giving the world a voice by capturing the opinions of all groups, including the ones that are often under-represented in research. We are also committed to making sure that our products and tools are free from any bias, as accuracy is key to what we do. None of the above can be done without having a truly diverse workforce, in an inclusive workplace. We are very keen on attracting and retaining the best talent. And best talent also means a diverse pool of talent, with various backgrounds and perspectives.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of occupational qualifications, merit, and business need.
We are looking for a talented engineer who has a strong experience in building backend services and modern APIs to support the development and delivery of YouGov Direct. The services we build span all timezones, languages and locales. We rely on an open source software whenever possible and build custom where our work truly adds value. We are proud of everything we build and we can rely on one another to help face the challenges that software engineering presents every day. The person we are looking for will be the champion of all the above in their team.
What will I be delivering?
- Building backend services and modern APIs
- Taking active role in architecting the solutions we build
- Helping develop and maintain our client platform
- Consulting product stakeholders on feasibility
Our Tech Stack:
- AWS, Node.js and Dynamo DB
Demonstrated knowledge and experience
- A true passion for technology and development
- You are an expert in the technology you work in and keep up with it
- Champion of communication and information sharing including documentation, wikis, email
- Seek out and reduce complexity
- You make decisions based on data not hunches
- You delegate and request support as appropriate
Technical skills and qualifications
- 4+ Years’ experience developing server-side or full-stack solutions
- Experience using Express, Next.js, or a similar Node.js framework
- Familiarity with database design schema
- Basic understanding of client-side web development using React or something similar