Descripción de la oferta
Travelport is a place of opportunity. It’s our incredible team that makes our company great – our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform that provides easy ways for businesses like airlines, hotels, and car rental companies to connect through personalized content to agencies and travelers. The world is changing, and our industry must change with it. We’re leading the change; we are the change.
We are on a mission to power the future of travel; come join us.
What does a great Full Stack Web Developer do?
As a Web Developer, you will work on the latest web technologies to deliver our Web based - next generation point of sale application for travel agencies. Reporting to Engineering management, you will be integrated in a Scrum team, working in a fast-paced agile environment and following Coding and DevOps best practices. This role involves coding, maintenance and integration of web components as well as cloud services.
Our stack includes:
- UI components using ReactJS
- Backend Cloud Microservices built on NodeJS, Express (MERN)
- Platform: Docker, Kubernetes
- Tools like: Github, Sonarqube, Fortify, Sonatype, Npm, Babel, Browserstack, Cucumber, Postman
You will be an innovator, passionate, accountable and solutions focused, not to mention adaptable, hungry for a challenge and an individual who thrives on partnering. All of these combined with the below capabilities are what will make us such a bold and compelling organization.
- Collaborate on features sizing, refinement and planning
- Perform frequent code reviews amongst the team
- Write and run automated test scripts using test framework
- Apply TDD principles as part of the development cycle
Who we are looking for in this role:
- 5+ year’s proven experience in software development using:
- React, Babel, Redux
- HTML5/CSS and styled components
- RESTful APIs: data formats (XML,Json), headers, authorization tokens, SOAP and API testing tools like Postman
- Testing frameworks like Jest, Enzyme, React Testing Library, xUnit
- GraphQL for dynamic API management is a plus
- Experience in code management - Git/Gitflow process in terms of branching, Pull Request process, Code/Peer reviews, merging. Also, feeling confident working with source control tools and processes
- CICD familiarity in automation tools, preferably MS Azure Pipelines, Github actions or Jenkins.
- Proven experience applying TDD practices
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) and DevOps culture/practices
Our ambition is to hire for potential not just experience, and you’re likely to succeed if you:
- Are always ready to give it your all and deliver high quality work
- Are excited to use your creativity and innovative thinking to try new things
- Take responsibility and own your work
- Are courageous and ambitious to challenge what’s been done before
These are just a few of our employee’s favourite benefits/perks…
TBD – Insert bulleted content (which will include 3-6 location-specific bullet points).
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch!*
*Please note that if your application is progressed, you may be asked to complete a self-recorded video interview, at a time that works best for you. This is your chance to bring your skills & experience to life in your own words and style. Ensure you keep an eye on your junk folder just in case our invitation finds its way there.
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.