cubiertaEsta oferta ya no está disponible
Descripción de la oferta
At Returnly we help brands that care about shopper loyalty offer better product returns. We’re are a financial technology services company that builds award-winning products that drive repurchase behaviour and customer loyalty. We’re backed by smart money VCs in Fintech including some prominent members of the Paypal Mafia. Our headquarters are in San Francisco Financial District and we have offices in Chicago and Madrid. We are on a mission to de-risk online commerce and are building a team of amazingly talented people to help us do it.
About the role
At Returnly, we value you as a whole person. We care about the skillset you bring to the table, but more importantly, we care about the kind of person you are, and the culture and attitude you bring to the table. As a Senior Platform Data Engineer, you will help build solutions that will be used by thousands of customers. You will find success in this role if you are a seasoned software engineer who appreciates real, technical challenges and building high quality services.
Here’s what we look for in the attitude department
- You are a seasoned and versatile engineer, who is passionate about your work
- You have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- You are flexible and adaptable
- You like to solve problems
- You are a craftsman in your trade but you understand when “good enough” is enough
- You are analytical and have keen attention to details
- You have your own opinions and you are not shy about them, however you value consensus and strive to achieve it
- You lead your teammates by example, you’re the “go to” guy or gal
- You’re not afraid to change your mind given new facts, nor are you afraid to admit your mistakes
- You strive in semi-structured start-up environment with a lot of opportunities and plenty of ambiguities
- You can wear multiple hats
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to explain your ideas clearly and concisely and you enjoy sharing them
- You are very serious about the quality of your work and you ask no less from your colleagues
- You understand and are interested in both big picture and nitty-gritty details
What you'll be doing
- Own technology solutions, including architecture, design and development of back-end microservices and REST APIs for web applications using JVM ecosystem (Kotlin, Java) and other languages and frameworks (Python, Go, Ruby)
- Solve new and challenging problems around eCommerce payments, credit issuance and settlement, fraud detection, SaaS integration, data ingestion
- Promote and evangelize architectural and design best practices to team members
- Actively participate in defining and implementing Returnly Data Strategy to ensure we can deal with data volume, velocity, and variety of challenges
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture. Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and NoSQL technologies in a cloud environment
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Together with engineering leadership define and implement data security and access control policies
- Evaluate and create new tools and techniques to facilitate effective development practices
- Work cross-functionally with some of the best people in different disciplines like data science, finance, product management, marketing & sales, design
- Build and enhance systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
- Drive quality by writing unit, integration, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment
- Troubleshoot cross-system issues using log data, metrics, and various analysis tools
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- Live and breathe resiliency and uptime
- Anticipate and act upon issues that arise, providing alternative approaches and solutions
- Set the standard for highest quality of work
- 6+ years industry experience and expert knowledge using JVM languages (Java, Kotlin, or Scala)
- Deep understanding and experience of various technologies, frameworks and libraries in the JVM ecosystem; Spring Boot is a big plus
- Experience with a functional programming is a plus
- Thorough, expert level knowledge of JVM, design patterns, distributed architecture
- Strong familiarity with *nix environment including bash and command-line tools
- Deep understanding of database methodology and database systems and strong experience with relational and non relational databases
- Familiarity with RDBMS design for both OLTP and Data Warehousing
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Working knowledge of message queuing, and streaming-based pipelines
- Excellent knowledge of data, web service technologies and REST best-practices
- Understanding of scalability challenges and performance of server-side code
- Ability to design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and efficient systems
- Deep understanding of distributed systems in a cloud environment, and event-driven architecture
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of shipping software in a delivery-focused environment
- Experience contributing to open source projects or similar is a big plus
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services
- Prior startup experience a big plus
Diversity - We are diverse, independent thinkers and still one team with one mission.
Openness and empathy - We learn and grow by listening to our customers and each other.
Integrity - We always do what’s right for our customers, Returnly and ourselves - in that order.
Team - EQ is as important as IQ. We make time to help each other out.
Commitment - We are curious and fearless. We own risk, outcomes and everything in between.
We'd really love to hear from you, but before applying please check the following...
Read the values section above carefully and ask yourself if this is a good match for you personally. We want you to be an ambassador of these values!
Do you have all the skills required for this role? Can you demonstrate them? Be realistic - we will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills and match these role requirements.
Please make sure you have included a cover letter as part of your application. We want to learn from you and your achievements before we meet you in person!
Acerca de Returnly
Returnly la página de empresa está vacía
Añade descripción e imágenes para atraer más candiadatos y aumentar el Employer Branding.