Descripción de la oferta
Do you want to join a team of entrepreneurs from over 50 different nationalities? To work in an environment powered by passion where no two days are the same?
At trivago we use the latest innovative technologies to empower our users to find their ideal hotel 100 times a second, across 55 different locales world-wide and in 33 different languages.
As a Python Software Engineer in the Source team, you'll shape the future of trivago's main product to help millions of travellers to find their ideal hotel. You'll join one of our agile engineering teams of smart, motivated and curious people and work on our AWS platform to deliver the best and most relevant data to our millions of users and other trivago teams by utilising modern technologies and paradigms like serverless architecture, data batch processing, stream processing and many more.
The Source team's mission is to be the single source of high quality, factual accommodation data for Hotel Search. This means you'll have an opportunity to work on such challenging topics as collecting data from various sources, matching partner data to trivago inventory, consolidating information into single source of truth and delivering it to our consumers.
Get an inside look into trivago's Amsterdam office:
Want to live and work from one Europe's hottest tech hubs, together with an amazing team that's right in the heart of the beautiful city of Amsterdam? We want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Be a part of trivago's Source team and proactively contribute to a product that is used by millions of people each day.
- Craft and build scalable serverless applications for our data platform on AWS that can handle billions of events, using technologies like Lambda, EC2, S3, Kinesis, Aurora/RDS and Glue.
- Take ownership and contribute your own ideas on how to bring the best and most relevant data to our users so they can make a profound decision on their next hotel booking.
- Work closely with stakeholders and other teams to map business requirements into technical solutions that have a real impact.
- Be a technology ambassador spread the word, and share knowledge among your fellow colleagues in peer exchanges, guild meetings and meet-ups.
- 3+ years of experience in (agile) Software Engineering using Python
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or (in case you're self-taught) an outstanding Github profile.
- Profound knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- You feel comfortable writing and maintaining Bash scripts in *nix environments.
- A genuine interest in DevOps topics/concepts (test automation, CI/CD, infrastructure as code etc.)
- A sincere interest in working with large amounts of data.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- You are a certified AWS developer or solutions architect and/or have demonstrable experience building (serverless) applications or data pipelines on AWS.
- You have familiarity with AWS technologies like Lambda, Step Functions, DynamoDB, S3, EC2 and ECS
- Knowledge/hands-on experience in distributed systems and/or streaming data technologies.
- A proven track record delivering complex and high-impactful tech products to a large user base.
- The ability to present complex topics in plain English to non-technical peers and stakeholders.
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our office in the heart of Amsterdam offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago's business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.
Acerca de Trivago