Descripción de la oferta
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together.
40% of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, with 10% of greenhouse gas emissions coming from food waste.
We’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste, so alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions - such as our Retail Technologies offering, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We are growing fast, with a community of 75 million users in 17 countries. Together, we have saved more than 213 million meals from going to waste since we started - but there’s still a lot more we want to achieve
We are looking for a Lead Full Stack Engineer to accelerate the purpose of our website; acquiring new business leads and signing up new users to save more food on a global level.
As a Lead, it is your responsibility to ensure that all technical deliverables are achieved by the website team, focussing on quality, maintainability and scalability. You will encourage use of the latest technology and design trends whilst keeping the user journey clear and efficient at all times.
Our website runs in multi-localised languages. The front end uses a universally rendered Nuxt 3 app, using Vue 3 & Typescript, using SASS for CSS. For our backend, we have a monolith Laravel 9 application that hosts the CMS for the website and RestAPI that the website consumes. CMS is built using the Laravel Blade templating engine and uses Vue 2 components.
- Lead the technical work for the Development team: one frontend and one backend Engineer, and be the main point of contact for the web team.
- Extend and maintain the website application used in 17 Markets, in collaboration with our Backend Engineer, Tech Lead Product Owner and UX Designer
- Drive high-level tech and architectural strategy for the website, whilst encouraging the use of the latest technologies to ensure scalability.
- Team organisation and task delegation within the Engineering Team: Fostering agile best practices (sprint management & surrounding ceremonies) with clear expectations and defined priorities.
- Oversee the technical work of your team, ensuring that work meets wider roadmap expectations and features are produced to the highest quality standards.
- You will be hands-on and therefore expected to code yourself and tackle complex coding issues which may arise.
- Upskill the team through inspirational mentorship and technical coaching alongside Pair programming, Code reviews and knowledge sharing.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Thrives in an autonomous environment, and is excited by challenges and taking responsibility.
- Proven experience in a tech-Leadership position.
- Has experience with Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git)
- Takes pride in writing quality code.
- Proven success in creating responsive websites, with strong visual communication.
- A natural leader with an ability to keep focus, adhere to deadlines and establish clear priorities.
- Pragmatic mindset. You’re passionate, hands-on & autonomous. You take the initiative to get jobs done, no matter how hard the problem seems.
- Team Player. You have good communication skills and the ability to translate unclear ideas into tangible actions and measurable objectives.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A rare opportunity to work in a global social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you can see a real and tangible impact in your role.
- An autonomous environment, with several opportunities to contribute, build on experience and take ownership of your work in a way that works for you.
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission.
- Opportunity to influence our product, design and ways of working, every day.
- An informal atmosphere, with a strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care to offer
- Robust Developer Tooling and CI/CD support.
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
HOW TO APPLY
We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
Acerca de Too Good To Go
1,000 - 5,000