Descripción de la oferta
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated front-end developer with strong programming skills. You will play a key role in our multidisciplinary team consisting of senior developers and seasoned computer vision and data scientists, focused on continuous delivery.
The Tech Stack You’ll be Working With
Image Recognition and Artificial Intelligence engines are capable of
robust and fast visual search, recommendations and descriptions of
retail products. Our computer vision algorithms are trained using our
patented Deep Learning system implemented on top of the Torch/PyTorch
framework. Catchoom’s research team regularly releases new tools with
novel recognition capabilities that need to be productized into scalable
Our current stack includes Python and Django on the backend side with asynchronous tasks handled with Celery for the image (and related data) management and processing. Our current front-end stack uses React with Redux for building components. One of the first activities when joining will be reviewing the above stack and implementing an architecture that meets our new requirements, while embracing of the most recent advances in cloud services such as containerization, orchestration and microservices.
- Lead the development of our user-facing interfaces which interact with our backend and other external services.
- Create clean, scalable and maintainable code and components that can be reused. Always applying the best practices.
- Contribute to the design and technical decisions and, specially, in the UI / UX for our products.
- Assisting our scientists with transferring new Image
Recognition & Artificial Intelligence technologies into our
Software-as-a-Service running on AWS.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience developing dynamic web applications that consume from REST APIs.
- Good knowledge of the web stack and protocols.
- Knowledge of React JS, Redux.
- Performance oriented mindset.
Other Valuable Experience
- Good functional programming skills.
- Experience with packaging and bundling tools, e.g. webpack.
- Experience with public cloud services like AWS or Rackspace, and Linux.
- Experience developing and/or integrating with e-commerce platforms.
- Experience with microservices, docker and docker-compose.
- Good technical English skills, i.e. discuss technical questions with at least B2 CEFR level or equivalent.
- Familiarity with working in agile environments, with special
attention to a well-documented code, unit testing and continuous
- Fixed salary of 35-40 K€ (based on experience) which will grow with the company success in the market.
- Dental and Health Private Insurance.
- Flexible schedule and possibility to work from home an average of one day per week.
Type of employment: Full-time, permanent contract.
EU work permit required.
Is it you who we’re looking for?
of our small and dynamic team that involves agile development, we expect
that you’re flexible, curious and persistent. Change is not a scary
word to you. You thrive in organizations that constantly adapt and
evolve. You jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on
projects. You value respect for ideas, trust, and team effort, while
enjoying a friendly atmosphere where you can learn and develop
Reasons to join
- Centric office! - Our office is next to the Provença FGC stop in Barcelona, Spain.
- Flexible working hours - and there are possibilities to work from home.
- Great culture and work environment - friendly and emphasizes teamwork, fun, and transparency.
- Our company is home to over 9 nationalities.
Help us learn from your experience. We use a team effort to go through profiles and would really appreciate your time. Please fill out the external form following the Linkedin Apply button (takes roughly 10-15 minutes).
Acerca de Catchoom