Descripción de la oferta
At Bistrohub, we provide the first integration solution for restaurants to manage all their online orders from a single interface, integrate with their POS, avoid mistakes and focus on their growth. But this is only the beginning: we aim to become the center of all operations for a restaurant.
As you can imagine then, integrations with third-parties are critical to our platform: we cannot afford to make mistakes when dealing with restaurant orders. We all know as users how annoying that can be, and how harmful to a restaurant’s reputation.
Keeping up with external APIs is a challenging task in itself: imagine when you have to do it with a sheer number of them, and with such reliability requirements, not to mention scalability issues as we grow. Because of that, we are assembling an integrations team, whose responsibility will be helping create and execute our integrations strategy, specifically:
- Building a wide range of Bistrohub integrations with external services, while keeping at bay the technical debt associated with them.
- Interact with external teams to keep up with their APIs changes as you maintain those integrations.
- Creating a monitoring and troubleshooting strategy for proactive detection and solution of failures.
What we expect from you…
We don’t want you to be a code monkey, but to engineer wisely, with the end users in mind. And, because we are a small team, we expect you to do it with autonomy: to carry a task from conception to delivery, making sensible decisions along the way, while discussing them with the team when needed.
We also need you to have attention to detail, to achieve thoroughness when accomplishing a task, for two main reasons: because we are not building a throwaway MVP but a lasting product, and because we need Bistrohub to be robust.
… during your first months here
- Understand our customers pains when operating a restaurant, specifically around the workflows Bistrohub aims to ease.
- Complete a couple of POS integrations to get a good grasp of the challenge ahead.
- Develop a feeling of ownership over your work and the product.
… for the future!
- Build an integration framework that help us manage integrations reliably and efficiently.
- Grow with ourselves as we solve the challenges of increasing demand.
- Help us establish good practices for external API management, and adherence to them.
- Become an expert on Bistrohub integrations and on Enterprise Integration Patterns in general.
Our (current) tech stack
We are almost a full monolith now: it suits our needs best at this stage. However, all our (not micro) services are dockerized. Our backend is made with Django, making a heavy use of DRF serializers. We use self-hosted PostgreSQL as the DB and dramatiq for async task processing: not huge fans of Celery. On the frontend, we use React, relying as much as we can on react-admin (pragmatism above all). Typescript team here. We use Bitbucket Pipelines to deploy to Google Cloud Platform (although we are not using any specific service from there).
Specific experience with our tech stack is a nice-to-have, but we will give more value to having experience with the underlying concepts (relational databases, working with ORMs, APIs… ), and above all, the ability and willingness to learn them on your own (not without our help!).
- Salary range: 20k to 36k.
- Fully remote position.
- Fully flexible schedule, we just want 40 hours per week of your time. Nothing more, nothing less.
- Results-oriented performance evaluation: no time-tracking (unless you like to do so, I do). We expect you to be a responsible team member. That’s it.
- You choose your laptop ;).
Who we are
We are a small team, with an aim for large impact, we move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.