Descripción de la oferta
We are looking for team members with Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Geoinformatics and Civil Engineering backgrounds who love to solve spatial problems and can leverage their personal experience to grow our team. If outstanding technical opportunities interest you, you should consider this position. We are interested in universal engineers who like to solve original problems with simple solutions.
What you will do:
• At Tunnll we need our digital maps to be as accurate as possible, which means that streets, roads, foot paths, buildings and POIs are all present on the map. This means manual and automatic geographical data processing: acquiring, analyzing, refining and improving the spatial data.
• Data acquisition: by using manual tools like QGIS, automatic tools like Turf, TileReduceand OpenStreetMap QA and hi-res satellite imagery data (we are supported by the European Space Agency and by the Copernicus program), the GIS engineer is expected to create an accurate digital representation of any urban area.
• Data analysis, refinement and improvement: by using simple tools like JOSM and QGIS and advanced utilities like osm2postgresql the GIS engineer will ensure that the digital representation of any urban area stored in a PostGIS-enabled PostgreSQL database is up to date.
• Deployment, maintenance and administration of spatial databases with Docker in cloud services like Azure, Amazon and Google Cloud Services.
• The engineer is expected to join the extensive knowledge transfer between experienced engineers and interns.
• Bachelor’s degree in Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Geoinformatics, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or other related fields;
• MSc in Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Geoinformatics, Civil Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent is preferred and BSc is required;
• You should demonstrate a completed, delivered, shipped and live online/mobile application that contains a digital map which you have developed or have helped to develop.
• Willing to work as part of a team which consists of experienced developers as well as interns.
• If you do not meet the requirements, you can try to apply for a similar internshipposition in our company.
You will get bonus points for these skills:
• A certificate of completion of PostGIS-related courses like the PostGIS course from Vertabelo or Spatial SQL with Postgres : A language for geographers from Udemy.
• A certificate of completion of a QGIS-related course like Learn geographic information systems (GIS) with QGIS
• A certificate of completion of a set of online courses like Agile Development Specialization or similar.
If you would like to join Tunnll’s team you are able to demonstrate (all the requirements below can be satisfied by default if you have completed a relevant BSc/MSc degree):
• Your English language proficiency
• Your deep understanding of how remote and distributed teams are organized and how they are different from co-located teams
• Your business communication proficiency in a remote and distributed working environment.
Whom we expect to see in the team
We prefer to enhance our team with self-organized generalists because they tend to perform more efficiently compared to a specialist in ever-changing situations. That means that it is absolutely ok if you lack some specific skills in your CV, but it also means that the range of the tasks assigned to you will be very broad.
How to apply for this position
The only way to apply for this position is to successfully complete the introductory task and a send a web form.
Please, proceed to the web form in order to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdqnRie-kVVOoTMeBkEJxGttuYek_j1ZJ8vsWGikGeNc_9vPQ/viewform
Acerca de Tunnll