Descripción de la oferta
Forming part of one of our agile teams, the mission of the Full Stack PHP Developer is to implement and maintain modern, innovative and high-performance websites which delight our end users.
*Please note applications for remote positions will only be considered for time zones ranging between UTC-1 and UTC+5.
The candidate we’re looking for will be able to understand and apply our core company values of trust, transparency, accountability and growth mindset.
These values are at the heart of everything we do, are vital for all roles found throughout Blexr and applicants must show how they have applied at least some of these attributes in their previous employment.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with a small, cross-functional agile team, actively participating and contributing to agile events as appropriate
- Support product discovery through implementation of prototypes and similar techniques for fast, inexpensive learning
- Support product delivery by building, testing, and releasing production quality websites utilizing best engineering practices
- Write simple, clean and secure object-oriented PHP code, with or without frameworks as appropriate for the task at hand, as well as efficient SQL queries, with a focus on minimizing technical debt and complexity
- Implement unit tests and other automated tests as appropriate
- Refactor, optimize and improve existing code for better maintainability and scalability, and to reduce technical debt in general
- Develop and maintain clear and complete documentation
- Test own work with a view to minimal work items being returned for defects to be fixed, while working closely with QA to ensure that any defects are promptly resolved
- Provide operational support to applications and websites when so required
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes of, and remediate complex technical issues