Descripción de la oferta
Sweepr, a startup focusing on providing an autonomous care platform for the connected home is seeking a QA Engineer in our Madrid office to assist with developing out our Sweepr cloud platform and deploying it into our Tier 1 customer base. This person will be a core part of the QA team in Sweepr, their skills will compliment a strong team with proven heritage in building successful startups focused on communications to address key consumer pain points.
The ideal candidate will have a strong QA background in validating consumer focused web, messaging/voice and mobile applications using best in class software frameworks and QA methodologies and will have commercial experience in delivering production ready, mission critical systems to a large user base.
This role will be based in our Madrid office in Alcala Des Henares.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or related discipline
- 3-7 years in infrastructure management, managed services, technical support and Devops
- Help drive the development of the Sweepr Cloud platform as a managed service, developing out our managed services offering using DevOps principles and utilizing advanced cloud capabilities
- Take ownership of the Sweepr cloud estate, developing automation around build, configuration management, deployment and monitoring to ensure we meet well defined SLAs
- Work alongside our Customer Delivery and QA functions to support handover to our managed services team, defining strong Devops handover and acceptance processes based on industry best practises
- Provide support in addressing stability issues with our cloud environments as and when they occur
- Assist in key non-functional QA in areas such as HA/DR. Load testing and Penetration testing
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team of architects, product managers, engineers, devops and creative designers to create a world class end to end Platform as a Service
- Assist in mentoring more junior team members with managed services and Devops best practises
Ideally you would have the following skills:
- Extensive experience with AWS and AWS native toolsets such as AWS Cloud Formation, AWS EC2, S3, VPCs, RDB
- Extensive experience with automation and configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Vault, Nomad, Jenkins or similar
- Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development and design
- Strong background in Linux
- Strong background with source control management systems (GIT or Subversion); Build Systems (Maven), Code Quality (Sonar), Artifact Repository Manager(Maven), Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
- Experience with managing REST API based platforms that enable consumer clientside applications.
- Understanding of message oriented middleware technologies such as Rabbit MQ and MQTT.
- Desirable would be an understanding of IOT protocols, Bluetooth, WIFI and IP Network protocols.
- Also desirable is an understanding of analytics technologies such as Apache Spark, Machine learning, and Natural language processing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or higher, and/or equivalent experience
Acerca de Sweepr