cubiertaEsta oferta ya no está disponible
Descripción de la oferta
Alpha is an innovation start-up based in Barcelona, established by Telefonica in early 2016. Alpha’s mission is to create Moonshots: audacious projects that use radical ideas and breakthrough technology to address some of the biggest challenges in society. Moonshots are designed to affect 100 Million people or more, be a force for good on the planet, and grow into impactful businesses (see www.alpha.company).
We are building a team to work on ground-breaking and life-changing projects in the health and learning sector. More Moonshots are to come in a range of exciting domains.
Worldwide, healthcare costs have been increasing faster than GDP for 50 years, whilst key indicators such as life expectancy have plateaued in many countries. The root cause is a change in disease burden; across the world, today’s biggest diseases and biggest killers are chronic diseases such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, and mental health disorders. In fact, for every life saved from infections since 2000, we’ve lost two lives to chronic disease.
It’s now well-established that the main cause of chronic diseases is everyday behaviours such as poor diet, lack of exercise, using tobacco, excessive alcohol, or lack of sleep. Yet healthcare systems are not geared-up to manage such behaviours at their source. To make the challenge even harder, pioneers in neuroscience and behavioural economics have begun to reveal that people are not even really in conscious control of much of their everyday behaviour.
At Alpha, we believe that advances in neuroscience, mobile computing, and machine learning now mean we can help people to take control of their own behaviour, optimise their life, and limit the effects of unhealthy behaviour on their bodies and their minds.
To support our work, we are partnering with the best academics, developers, companies, and professionals around the world.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for supporting the development teams with the core infrastructure to run our solutions. The DevOps Engineer will setup and operate the delivery and observability solutions in our infrastructure.
Building cutting-edge technology in a Moonshot requires a unique mindset which blends fast-prototyping paradigms with state-of-the-art engineering solutions. One of the main challenges in our environment is the need to move as fast as possible across the innovation funnel, from early-stage proof of concepts to mature products that scale up for population-level impact, while maintaining the right balance between technical debt and speed. For this reason, the DevOps Engineer must be extremely comfortable dealing with uncertainty and working according to a non-conventional technical approach and contributing to the creation of processes to increase performance in the engineering team.
· Manage distributed architectures in AWS Cloud Computing framework, including EC2, API gateway, IAM, Lambdas, EKS (Kubernetes), RDS, Route 53;
· Manage common data pipeline components such as AWS Kinesis, SQS, kafka;
· Manage common stateful technologies (redis, postgres, mongodb);
· Provide observability to our infrastructure components and our products with an Elastic Stack and prometheus.
· Implement processes to react quickly to unexpected issues, with the goal of maintaining record uptime metrics.
· 3+ years of experience as DevOps or equivalent role;
· Academic credentials in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience;
· Experience with cloud-based architecture (we use AWS);
· Experience building cloud-based data engineering solutions based on EMR, spark, GPU EC2;
· Experience operating complex microservice environments;
· Experience working with Terraform;
· Experience working in an Immutable Infrastructure environment;
· Experience implementing automated testing platforms;
· Experience with CI and CD systems;
· Experience working in Agile/Scrum methodologies and frameworks;
· Team player with strong motivational skills;
· Excellent communication skills, fluency in English;
We provide all the necessary help and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, like:
- Benefits package (health, pension, life)
- Casual dress code and open culture
- Flexible work schedule
- High social impact with world-wide reach
- Free daily catering for lunch and large stocked kitchen
- Weekly ‘Lunch and Learn’ sessions with guests talking about the most varied world topics
- Work and learn with some of the very best minds in innovation and ideation
- A friendly and open environment
- A democratic team culture that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills
- Based in Barcelona, right by the beach!
Join us on this exciting journey if you’re motivated by making the world a better place, for real, by making a positive impact on society and by improving people’s lives. This is about solving really hard problems – not (just) about making cool things. You could personally have an effect on millions of people’s lives. Are you up for the challenge?
Acerca de Alpha
Alpha la página de empresa está vacía
Añade descripción e imágenes para atraer más candiadatos y aumentar el Employer Branding.