Descripción de la oferta
Stuart is Europe’s leading on-demand logistics platform which connects businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. Our platform allows businesses big and small in every industry to deliver to their customers with never-seen-before speed and efficiency.
In 2017 just 2 years from launch, Europe’s biggest logistics company GeoPost (Groupe La Poste) acquired Stuart so that it could join prestigious companies like DPD, Colissimo, SEUR & Chronopost and conquer urban logistics.
With an exciting blend of GeoPost Group expertise and a fun, agile start up culture; Stuart has expanded to more than 30 cities across the UK, France & Spain and continued the steep growth curve it’s become accustomed to.
What really makes Stuart tick though, is the 200+ people that work here every day to smash our goals. We are a free-thinking, enthusiastic bunch whether it’s sales or operations people, engineers or designers.
We’re passionate about looking at problems in fresh and innovative ways – every problem is just opportunity for a great solution. We love to invent new ways of doing things and come to work every day with smiles on our faces.
Wanna be part of that? Stuart is looking for a talented Data Engineer in Barcelona (or Paris) to play a critical role in the development of our core platform. Your mission will be to build the data architecture that will power our data-driven product as we deliver things.
What will you do?
- Shape a solid data infrastructure that collects, stores, processes and streams massive amounts of data in a “Fast-Data” infrastructure
- Work with spatial information and build leverageable solutions that our Front-end team will use to create powerful visualizations of a city’s deliveries
- Dive deep into the core of real-time dispatch service and produce high-quality code that can help answer questions from business, operations and clients
- Be part of a team of talented engineers that makes Stuart the best delivery platform for businesses in a highly competitive market
Who are you?
- Fluent in English
- 3+ years experience working with Java, Scala or any other Object Oriented language
- Strong Object-Oriented experience, and a true passion for writing high-quality code
- Experience with quick prototyping and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, etc…)
- Experience with API-based architecture
- Experience with distributed framework for parallel processing such as Hadoop, Pig, Spark and Hive
- Experience with large scale data/ distributed systems
- Ability to work independently while being a strong part of the team
What is a plus?
- Strong experience with Java or Scala
- Experience with real-time applications
- Experience with geospatial data
The icing on the cake?
- Very attractive compensation package
- Have a real impact
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision
- Relaxed, fun work environment and flexible working hours
- Extras like catered lunch, gym membership, private health insurance
We want you to take on a role you love and we want to offer you a place you’re proud and happy to come to everyday. If you feel like this role could be a good fit for you, we'd love to hear from you!
Acerca de Stuart
Stuart mission is to become the on-demand delivery leader in every supercity of the world through a simpler, quicker and cheaper transportation model.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… Stuart strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. They operate from their headquarters in Barcelona, as in Paris, Brussels, London and Berlin, the first cities they'll ride through.
Co-Founded in 2015 by D. Leca (Sparrow founder acquired by Google in 2012), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.