Descripción de la oferta
Based in Barcelona, Spain—the growing technical hub of Europe—CodeOp offers Full Stack Web Development and Data Analytics bootcamps designed to provide women and TGNC folks with the foundations needed to advance their careers in tech.
CodeOp is a social venture that launched in 2018. Our mission is to encourage women, as well as trans, and gender nonconforming students, to pursue a fulfilling career in tech; to equip them with the skills needed to become leading developers and data analysts in their fields; and, to launch a supportive network of professionals who will transform the culture of tech.
We are a small, laid-back team coming from California, Ghana, Venezuela, Italy, Scotland, and Spain with backgrounds in data science, education, engineering and technical talent recruitment; and we are working hard to become the first global coding school for communities that have been marginalized. We are currently backed by a large group of investors and board of advisors.
In early 2020, we will be launching our bootcamps in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as well as beginning a Series A round.
We are looking for an instructor—of all genders and non—for our part-time, Data Analytics bootcamp. This is a part-time, freelance position for mid- to senior-level professionals.
Classes are intentionally small (approximately 12 students) so that you can focus on individual mentorship and support. Classes are twice a week, from 18.30 until 21.30 with occasional Saturdays. Classes are taught in English and students come from around the world.
I. Delivering a life-changing experience to students.
Your first priority will be to give your students the mindset and technical skills to succeed as data analysts. To do this, you will need to be a mentor, teacher, and a coach– responding to learning needs and adjusting curriculum and teaching as required.
II. Curriculum Development.
The curriculum will need to be developed with lecture slides, daily activities and projects. In class you are encouraged to live code examples, use whiteboard explanations, and add your particular area of expertise to the course.
The ideal candidate will have
- 3+ years working as a Data Analyst, Scientist or Engineer
- Knowledge of modern methodologies used in the analytics community
- Patience, friendliness, and the ability to make confusing things clear for others
- Preference is given to applicants with experience working as an instructor
- Ability to roll with the pace and independence of start-up culture
- Location: CloudWorks Sagrada Familia.
- Unlimited coffee, tea, monthly breakfasts and brew
- Weekly yoga classes
- Opportunity to make significant contributions to a start-up of less than 10 people, i.e. your voice will have weight
- Contribute to something that matters, like getting more underrepresented people into tech
Interested? Awesome. Let's connect!