Descripción de la oferta
Who we are
Xceed is a venture-backed startup headquartered in Barcelona, with offices in Valencia and Milan, on a mission to facilitate the interaction of people and business around entertainment experiences, and transforming the way over 3 million people access nightlife events worldwide.
At Xceed, Design & Technology are crucial aspects of the company culture. Every member of the team is involved in the product development activities having a real impact on the company!
We are looking for a Backend developer with proven experience in Symfony2 / Symfony3 to join our amazing team in our HQ in Barcelona.
About the role
You willl develop new functionalities with cutting-edge technology, in particular:
- Contribute to product growth using the latest technologies
- Develop using the best practices of clean code, testing, and coding standards
- Take part into the design of the API for our React front-end and our iOS and Android native apps.
- Use your knowledge to improve the existing code and functionalities
- Adopt DDD and CQRS software architectures
- Maintain test process documentation
- Create unit tests for everything and functional tests for critical parts
- Use and improve our AWS infrastructure Manage test servers, deployments, networks and databases
- Improve our database performance by refactoring queries or moving to NoSQL data storages (such as DynamoDB, ElasticSearch or Redis)
- Understand and contribute to CD and CI procedures.
- Use our metrics tools to analyze the system performance in order to improve our user experience
- Strong knowledge of Symfony2 / Symfony3
- Experience in object-oriented programming in PHP 7
- In-depth knowledge of MySQL
- Knowledge in building RESTful web services
- Experience with version control systems (such as GIT)
- Agile principles adopter
Who are we looking for
- A true team player able to proactively take part in multicultural & cross-functional teams
- An ambituos, high achiever who doesn't settle for mediocrity and strive to excell
- A person who love challenges and is able to work under pressure, meet goals and multi-task.
Nice to have
- Proficiency in English
- Skills in NoSQL (ElasticSearch, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Knowledge of DDD and CQRS
- Knowledge in HTML5, CSS3 and Bootstrap3
- Experience with AWS (EC2, VPC, lambda, SQS)
- Setup and usage of CD/CI techniques- Docker
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
What we offer
- A team of young, passionate and international people where you can make the difference with your work and ideas
- Flexible working hours
- Ticket Restaurant
- 2 days of remote working per month
- A very cool office located at 22@ - downtown Barcelona
- Happy Hours & Team Getaways (Did anyone say Ibiza?!)
- Dynamic environment with vast opportunities to learn and grow via e-learning platform, seminaries, conferences, etc..
- Relax areas & Ping pong table (optional classes from the COO)
- Free tickets for every party in town
- Weekly Italian lunches cooked by the founders
Acerca de Xceed