Descripción de la oferta
Olympics.com is a global destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events and highlights, the Olympic Channel provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 12 languages on olympics.com. The Olympic Channel was launched in August 2016 in support of the International Olympic Committee (IOC)’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans and new audiences with the Olympic Movement.
Sports Data Warehouse (SDW) Project
The SDW Project was launched in 2017 by the IOC, in partnership with the Association of Summer Olympic International Federations (ASOIF). Its aim was to create an intelligent, scalable, centralised, unified repository of sports data, easily connectable to in-house or third-party platforms.
The SDW Product today is an ever-growing data repository containing over 825,000 Olympic and elite athletes and +70,000 events. Able to synchronise and merge with any sports data source, with the datasets stored within made available via a standardised API, the SDW is used as a platform for data projects by stakeholders throughout the Olympic Movement; providing added values to global sports fan; supplying content and context around live events and facilitating the presentation of historical archives as reference data for the IOC, International Federations and National Olympic Committees.
An Assistant Product Manager is needed to support the SDW Product Manager and SDW team in their key applications and ongoing development of the SDW as a valuable and profitable asset. You will be a member of the OCS Product Team and you will be directly reporting to the Product Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Stakeholder management (progress reporting, requirements gathering, general communication)
- Administration of the product’s roadmap, participation in the definition and the ongoing SDW product development
- Work coordination and collaboration with internal team, third parties, freelancers and clients (organise and attend to meetings, note actions and conclusions, follow up on pending actions, oversee their progress, report on it, etc.)
- Identify priorities and opportunities to develop the product
- Write requirements and keep all the documentation organised and up to date
- Manage legal documentation: version control, coordination of signatures, etc.
- Support with financial management: budget monitoring, investigate and resolve discrepancies, expenditure tracking, invoicing control, PO creation and distribution, etc.
- Meetings coordination (check attendees’ agendas, set up videoconferences and presential meetings), take notes, prepare and distribute meeting minutes and agendas
- Prepare presentations to stakeholders, internal teams and potential clients, administrative support during them
- Help maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports. Set-up and maintenance of Confluence, Sharepoint and Teams data repositories.
- Coordinate trips and accreditations when needed
Skills & Requirements
- +3 years of previous experience in Project / Product Management
- Exceptional communication skills. A very high level of English (written and spoken) is a must.
- Must be capable of performing their duties with limited supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities in a very high-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational skills
- Proficient in Teams, Sharepoint, and Microsoft Office software systems particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Desirable experience in managing digital technical projects / products
- Desirable knowledge about Agile framework (Scrum and Kanban) and Atlassian (Jira & Confluence)
- Desirable knowledge about sports, Olympic disciplines, and sports international competitions
Workplace & Environment
- Fast-paced work environment
- This is a long-term remote freelance position that starts ASAP
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks
Acerca de Olympic Channel Services