Lead Game DesignerSpain
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes, connected TVs and consoles. Gameloft partners with leading international brands such as UNO®, Spider-Man®, The Dark Knight Rises®. Gameloft also operates its own established franchises, such as Real Football®, Asphalt®, Modern Combat® and Order&Chaos®. Gameloft is present in all continents, distributes its games in 100 countries and employs more than 5 000 talents. We are currently seeking a:
Lead Game Designer
As Lead Game Designer, you will work with the Studio Manager, Creative Director and other team leads to define the game vision and execute on that vision with excellence.
– Ensure the initial vision for the project is clear for all involved people and progressively manifests through its deliverables
– Direct the tone and gameplay of the project with an eye towards compelling character
development, visionary narrative progression, and addictive mechanics
– Set clear creative goals and deliverables; lead and focus efforts across the design team to ensure a cohesive experience across the game and service
– Provide autonomous and responsible decision-making for the day-to-day questions from the team
– Coordinate and direct level design teams, to ensure the perfect synergy between mechanics and progression through the game.
– Track, review and feedback on the work quality and timing of gameplay and level design development
– Anticipate threats to quality and innovation and work effectively with the team leads to mitigate
– Build and maintain a collaborative relationship with Art, Dev, Audio, and Production that ensures a best-in-industry production process
– Collaborate closely with HQ review teams to set and maintain quality standards
– Allocate, coordinate and plan resources in collaboration with managers and producers.
– Anticipate recruitment needs of game designers and participate in the recruitment process.
– Excellent English
– Above 4 years as GD including experiences as lead GD or main GD for core gameplay on mobile platforms (mobile consoles or iOS/Android)
– Must have shipped at least 2 successful titles as a lead or senior GD position.
– Proficient in all aspects of game design such as gameplay, accessibility, progression, flow design, balancing, reward loops, etc.
– Ability to analyze a game’s core elements and extrapolate its general flow
– Conveying ideas and clear formalization of complex concepts
– Ability to shepherd non-creative folk through the creative process; ability to hold a strong creative vision while also keeping that vision agile
– Capable of providing focused and inspiring creative leadership
– Prototyping ideas via standard tools like Photoshop, Flash, Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max, Unity, Blitz, etc.
– High visual creativity and passion for developing video games
– Excellent organizational skills
– Knowledge of object oriented and natural programming languages an asset
– Working experience on Next Gen platforms an asset
– University degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science an asset
Interested applicants should send their CV to email@example.com (reference: Lead Game Designer)